Guardian Staffing Solutions is specialized, offering real-world staffing solutions to our clients in their industrial environments. Our team of experienced professionals is familiar with the skill sets, attitudes, and behaviors our clients require in their industry. We get to know and understand our customers and their corporate culture which lends us a deeper understanding of what we are looking for in a candidate.
We’re currently seeking a scale operator to work in a steel mill warehouse. This is a temporary to permanent position after 4 months.
As a scale operator, you will be responsible for purchasing material under the correct commodity and ensuring excellent customer service.
Some of your essential job duties will include:
• Data entry for purchases under the appropriate commodity code.
• Checking material for any contamination.
• Making payment to customers through company software Rimus.
• Moving material to the appropriate processing center.
• Checking material for sealed units.
• Reporting any leaks or spills for appropriate clean-up.
• Minimum 1 year forklift experience (certified)
• Knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
• Basic computer skills, must have the capacity to learn company software
• Attention to detail
• Strong moral and ethical values
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to verbally communicate
• Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to push/pull up to 4,000-lb. carts on rollers.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to stand, bend, walk twist, lift and turn.
• Personal protective equipment is required.
This position takes place in a warehouse, so you will be working on concrete floors under artificial lighting. You will be exposed to outside elements, as the warehouse does have an open door.
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm & Saturday, 8am-noon
You must be able to work weekends.
Please contact Guardian Staffing Solutions to further discuss this exciting opportunity. You may call to submit an application, or you can email a copy of your resume.
Guardian Staffing Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.