Retail Recycling Maintenance Technician
Sorry, this job has expired.
Guardian Staffing Solutions is specialized, offering real-world staffing solutions to our clients in their industrial environments. Our team of experienced professionals is familiar with the skill sets, attitudes, and behaviors our clients require in their industry. We get to know and understand our customers and their corporate culture which lends us a deeper understanding of what we are looking for in a candidate.
We’re currently seeking a Retail Recycling Maintenance Technician.
In this position, you are responsible for safely maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Attendance at a recognized apprentice program and/or technical school preferred.
• Must have task experience.
• Must have knowledge/experience working with electrical AC/DC.
• Must have experience in Hydraulics.
• Must have basic safety knowledge.
• Must know how to use power tools.
• Must have Lockout/Tag out training.
• Must be able to read schematics.
• Must be self-motivated and have critical thinking skills.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Repair and maintain material handlers, shears, presses, forklifts, and trucks.
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, conveyor systems, and production machines, etc.
• Follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer instructions, and engineering specifications.
• Locate sources of problems, troubleshoot malfunctions, and assess equipment for repairs and parts required.
• Check stock to determine inventory levels.
• Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Complete documentation for all work done on equipment.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
• Contain spills, clean-up and dispose of spilled material properly.
• Notify the appropriate personnel of any spills.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• This position will involve running, maneuvering, navigating or driving vehicles mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, trucks, etc.
• Must be able to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of your legs, arms and moving of your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, raise arms above head and handling of the material.
• Must have the ability to work in horizontal and vertical positions as needed.
• Personal protective equipment required.
• You will be exposed to outside elements, dust, noise, odors, oils.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.