Preventative Maintenance Technician
Guardian Staffing Solutions is specialized, offering real-world staffing solutions to our clients in their industrial environments. Our team of experienced professionals is familiar with the skill sets, attitudes, and behaviors our clients require in their industry. We get to know and understand our customers and their corporate culture which lends us a deeper understanding of what we are looking for in a candidate.
We are now hiring a Preventative Maintenance Technician. This is a temporary to permanent position. It will be 3rd shift. Starting pay is $16/hr or more based on experience.
You will be working in a Steel Mill Warehouse and safely maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
• A recognized apprentice program and/or technical school preferred
• Must have experience with rolling mill equipment, shears, presses, forklifts, material handlers, etc.
• Task experience required.
• Experience in hydraulics.
• Must have basic safety knowledge.
• Must have knowledge of power tools.
• Must have knowledge/experience working with electrical AC/DC.
• Must be able to read schematics.
• Must be self-motivated and have critical thinking skills.
• Must have strong attention to detail.
• Must have lock out/tag out training.
• Maintain a clean/safe work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Repair/maintain material handlers, shears, presses, forklifts, trucks.
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, conveyor systems and production machines, etc; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer instructions and engineering specifications.
• Locate sources of problems, troubleshoot malfunctions, assess equipment for repairs, parts required, while checking stock to determine inventory levels.
• Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Complete documentation for all work done on equipment.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
• Notify the appropriate personnel of any spills.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to run, maneuver, navigate/drive vehicles and mechanized equipment such as forklifts, trucks, etc.
• Ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of your legs, arms and moving of your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, standing, walking, sitting, raising arms above head and handling the material.
• Ability to work in horizontal and vertical positions as needed.
Personal protective equipment is required. You will be exposed to outside elements, dust, noise, odors, oils. You will be trained to contain spills, clean up, and dispose of spilled material properly.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.