EH and S Compliance Manager
Environmental and Safety Solutions, Inc. is an international fortune 100 company in the aerospace industry looking for industrial/manufacturing EH&S Compliance Manager for the next 4-6 months. This position will be 80% industrial/manufacturing safety and about 20% environmental. This position is a placement with an option to hire. To be considered you will need 6-10 years of industrial EHS experience. A degree and certification are desirable.
We have a long-standing reputation of providing excellent EH&S Services to our customers. We have achieved this level of success by fostering our relationships with our associates and choosing associates who believe in proactive methods of achieving environmental and safety excellence.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in Plant EH&S Compliance.
• High level of manufacturing experience required.
• Supervisory and management experience is a plus.
• Must possess knowledge of hydraulic, heat treatment, mechanical presses, and chemical processes.
• Must pass a criminal and federal background check.
• Must pass a drug screening for controlled substances.
• Completion of OSHA 30 training.
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT, etc.)
• Manage safety meetings.
• Facilitate site EH&S orientations.
• Perform weekly inspections.
• Perform OSHA/EPA inspections and related follow-up.
• Accident/incident investigation.
• Research safety and environmental topics.
• Develop training programs focusing on the specific needs of a project.
• Develop written EH&S programs, guidelines, policies, etc.
• Complete paperwork associated with safety inspections, accident/incident follow-up, OSHA inspections, EPA inspections, employee training, safety orientations, hazardous waste.
• Maintain a strong floor presence at assigned job site.
• Ability to use analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking as appropriate.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.